How to set up an AB Split Test in the WordPress Block Editor
We’re going to set up a simple AB Test to decide which of x2 headings convert better on our website. These buttons will be different colours. It’s a simple use case, but the same priciple could be appied to anything on a page… text, images, gradients… anything.
So, we need to set up a test and then something to measure the conversion of that test. In this case a page with x2 headings on it and then a conversion page when the clicks of those buttons are recorded and fed into our test so that we can see the data.
1. Click on New Test
2. Give your test a name,
3. Choose On Page Elements test type
4. Choose a conversion event or goal
5. Start your Test
6. Go to an existing or new page built with blocks
Click on Block: Heading
2. Click on your previously created “Blocks Test” from AB Split Test Block Settings Section
3. Give your first variation a name
4. Create your next variation
We’ll duplicate the existing heading, but you could use an entirely different block if you like.